Welcome to training.jmcipro.com, a web site owned and managed by Jolivette MediCoding Institute, a Texas Sole Proprietorship, (“JMCI”).
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
We believe it is important to protect and respect the privacy of our customers and users of our training.jmcipro.com web site, and its associated websites, applications, API, software, plug-ins, links, and other related elements (collectively, the “Site”). We are committed to ensuring your privacy as a guest and a customer as set forth below, and we understand your concern about how your Personally Identifiable Information is collected, used, and shared.
Our Site is designed to provide information about JMCI, and its training courses and medical billing, coding and health provider business management consulting services and related products and services (collectively, the “Services”).
In general, you can use the Site without providing Personally Identifiable Information, but to access certain portions of the Site or to purchase Services, you will be required to provide Personally Identifiable Information. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity. When other information is linked to Personally Identifiable Information, it also becomes Personally Identifiable Information.
It is JMCI’s goal to collect as little Personally Identifiable Information as possible, however there may be some occasions where it may be collected. For example:
- When you register for a tutorial or other JMCI workshops, or order any other JMCI Service, you must provide a various personal and contact information.
- When you submit a request for more information, support or assistance, JMCI may keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed.
- We may ask you to volunteer personal information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with JMCI’s service (“Optional Information”).
Notification of Change
The Information We Collect
JMCI may collect information from you in several different ways including:
- Participant Registration. If you register for a tutorial or training course, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you, including your contact information (such as name, location, birthdate, phone number, email address, etc.)
- Log Files. As is true of most applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to Personally Identifiable Information.
- Device Identifiers. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." This information will be only used to improve the user experience. We will only use this information for analytics at a macro level and not at the user level. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by JMCI. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with user content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of user content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their user content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a video), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a video), comments or other data. This makes your user content more searchable by others and more interactive.
- Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as an email or letter, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Public/Sponsored Events. JMCI may participate in public events and events with multiple sponsors, such as trade shows and seminars. The events generally collect certain personally identifiable information from all attendees and distribute this data in whole or in part to all the event sponsors including JMCI. While we cannot control and are not responsible for the practices of other sponsors for these events, JMCI will maintain the privacy of its copy of your personal information received in this way.
JMCI reserves the right to maintain information on users who discontinue Services or use of the Site.
All payments are handled via a third-party Payment Vendor. JMCI does not receive or store sensitive information such as credit card numbers. When an online transaction is completed through a Payment Vendor, credit card information is used solely for the purpose of completing that specific transaction and is not shared with nor transmitted to JMCI.
To opt out of any future email contact from JMCI, click the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of the email. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line. You will be removed from our contact database.
Your California Privacy Rights
To review a special notice for California residents only per California Privacy Law (SB27): Exchanging, Renting, Reselling Personal Information, please visit the "Your California Privacy Rights" section.
Demographic and profile data (i.e., age, gender, browser usage) is also collected via JMCI Services. JMCI uses such data to improve marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze site usage, improve content and product offerings and to customize site content, layout, and services. Additionally, this data may be shared with third parties on an aggregated basis. JMCI does not share personally identifying information with third parties, except to a court or governmental agency if required by law and as stated above in the section titled "The Information We Collect."
A cookie is a small text file a web site places on a site visitor's computer hard drive. Its purpose is to let the site know when a user visits and to perform certain functions such as saving passwords and personal preferences. Cookies help evaluate visitors' use of a Web site, such as what viewers want to see and what they never read. This information allows JMCI to better improve the customer experience of online information. Your browser is probably set to accept cookies. If you would like to turn this feature off, you will need to change the settings of your Internet browser.
Web beacons are very small, invisible graphics present on web pages or emails that help us track when the page or email has been accessed. Some parts of the Site, emails and other files may use web beacons, also known as clear gif technology or action tags. We may use web beacons to collect, use or store any personal information about you.
Security of Your Information
If you elect to use the referral service as applicable to inform a friend about a page on JMCI Services, you will be asked for the friend's name and email address. JMCI will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. JMCI stores this information to send this one-time email only.
Links to Other Web Sites
JMCI has links to other Web sites outside of JMCI Services. JMCI is not responsible for the content of any linked Web site, or any link contained in a linked Web site, or any changes or updates to such Web sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by JMCI of that Web site.
In addition, please be aware that JMCI is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other Web sites. JMCI encourages you to read the privacy statements of each web site that requests personal information from you.
No Information from Children
The Site is to be accessed by persons 18 years old any over. No one under 18 is allowed to use the Site or the Services. At no time will a child be asked to provide personal information. JMCI will comply with all regulations set forward by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). To learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission.
Disclosure of Collected Information
JMCI is committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected while you are using the Site and the Services. JMCI uses appropriate and reasonable measures to maintain the security of your personal information. This includes procedures followed by our personnel, contractors, subcontractors, and third-party hosting to prevent data loss or theft, account access with password protection.
JMCI may use certain third parties for services such as, but not limited to, advertising, marketing, commission procession, tax preparation, and system development. We only work with third parties who agree to strictly limit their use of information we provide them to fulfill the functions for which they have been retained.
You should be aware, however, that no data transmitted over wireless data systems (“Wi-Fi”), the Internet, or sent through mail or email, or stored on a computer is 100% secure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while in transmission to us. Public computers in particular should never be considered secure. You should never give out personal information on message board, in chat rooms, and other publicly viewable locations.
In addition, there exist malicious programs, typically called computer viruses or Trojan horses, which can be used to capture information off your computer's hard drive or while you are entering it into a web form or sending it by email. You should always use the appropriate anti-virus and personal security technology to protect yourself.
Lastly, if you have been assigned a login ID and/or password for use using the Site, or any third-party site that you use to access the Site or Services, you should never give out that information to others.
In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Representations and Warranties
By using this Site, you represent that you are seeking this Site for personal reasons and that you are not an attorney or an agent of an attorney conducting an investigation to a potential claim related to the Site, any material available through the Site, or JMCI. You also represent that you are not engaging in activities in an attempt to reverse engineer the Site, portions of the Site, or any materials available through the Site. You also represent that any information you provide is true and accurate.
Data Processing Locations
Data processing associated with customer support for Site and Services is located in the US and is subject to laws of the State of Texas. The data center where JMCI’s servers are housed is located in the US, and is subject to the laws of the US.
No Access from Certain Jurisdictions
How to Contact Us
The Essence of Destiny
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny!